Hot Water Cylinders Wellington
A reliable hot water heater is essential for your domestic or commercial property. Installing electric or gas hot water cylinders in Wellington, Kapiti Coast, and Hutt Valley. Whether you need a hot water cylinder for a new home or need an old water heater replaced, we offer a solution to suit your needs and budget. Both internal or external tanks are available to install and replace in Wellington. In some situations, we can install a pump to boost the shower pressure. Heat pump hot water heaters are an eco-friendly option too.
Our Hot Water Heating Services
- Have a leak or no hot water? We carry out repairs to existing electric and gas units.
- Convert your low pressure water heater to high pressure.
- Change electric tanks to gas hot water cylinders or Continuous Flow units.
- Reduce your energy bill by installing solar water heaters or PV panels to power electric elements in hot water cylinders.
Timeframe – It usually takes 1 – 2 days to install a hot water cylinder. Installation is subject to availability of the hot water cylinder. Most hot water repair or replacement jobs can be done same day if called in before 10am.
Types of Hot Water Heaters
Mains Pressure or High Pressure – Provides you with more options for new tapware. Has a higher pressure water in the shower and reduces the time it takes for hot water to get to the taps. Although more hot water is usually used.
Low Pressure – Want to help save the planet and save money while doing it? Changing to a low-pressure cylinder decreases the amount of water your household is using, therefore, saving you money while saving water resources.
Smart tanks – determine how you use hot water and only heat the water just before you need it. Smart tanks reduce heat loss by keeping water hot when you are not using it.
Is Your Hot Water Cylinder Leaking?
Now is the time to decide on what hot water system you want. We can straight swap your current hot water cylinder with the same tank type, or change the energy source or how the tank is fed with water. We can install valve fed tank that results in better water pressure. Or upgrade to a gas continuous flow system.
Why Buy Hot Water Cylinder From Us?
- You can buy from several sites on the web but where will they be when it goes wrong? We have a 24/7 business and stand by what we sell.
- We are local plumbers in Wellington near you, and we have been offering our services for over 37 years. We are a family-run business.
- The test is the night before a public holiday, who are you going to call? Call us on 0800 484 353. You will reach us even at the oddest time of the day, and we can help you.
- We will sell you the same water heaters we use in our own homes.
- We service what we sell and all the stuff you bought from someone else too, if possible when you can’t call them.
- Do You Have No Hot Water? Are you running out of hot water?
This is a simple list of common faults some you can check yourself. Do not open any electrical covers as there will be 240 volts inside.
No hot water, from an electrical perspective, is either:
- Faulty element
- Failed thermostat.
- Fuse blown
- Power to the water heater faulty eg break in the cable.
- Switch faulty.
- Ripple Control faulty at the meter board.
- There are many plumbing problems that can result in no hot water such as water leaks.
- There is a difference between the water is cold and the hot tap has no water discharging from it. This often caused by the washer sticking to the seat of the tap or the supply tank is empty or the water is off or air locked.
- Tempering valve is faulty i.e. the water is hot but the valve is faulty so the water is either cold or warm. Check the top of the tank, check if it is warm.
Gas Hot Water Heating Cylinders – No Hot Water
- The pilot is out, or there is a problem with the gas supply, if it is a storage tank.
- Power is off, if it is an electronic unit.
- The batteries are flat in a battery unit. Only some mobile and older Bosch units.
- There is a problem with the gas supply.
- The water heater is faulty.
- There has been a power surge and the surge protector has tripped inside the unit.
- Control pad is off.
It is likely that if we take out a low-pressure hot water system and install a high-pressure hot water system there will be fewer showers but they will be more intense for the same volume tank. The solution for more showers is a bigger tank or continuous flow gas system.
Call us now on 0800 484 353 for more information on hot water cylinders and other plumbing services in Wellington. Do not forget to ask about the new Smart Cylinders that can cut your heating costs.
For information on under bench water heaters for sinks, click here.