Come and be part of our professional team at Southern Plumbing.
Grab employment opportunities in plumbing, electrical, drainage, gas fitting, roofing and more trade jobs with us. Working with us will help you develop personally as well as professionally. Our skilled team will help you grow and get better in your field. We encourage our employees to strengthen their skills and strive to deliver professional services.
You can browse and apply for the jobs below or through Trademe.
Note: Currently not hiring plumbers, roofers, drainlayers.
Trade Jobs - Job Openings at Southern Plumbing in Wellington
Licensed Roofing Supervisor
• Working within the company contracting teams
• Residential reroof and new roof
• Commercial reroof and new roof
• Immediate or near future start
• $32+ per hour depending on qualified or non-qualified person
• Kiwi owned and operated business
• Specialising within residential, commercial and civil/ infrastructure works
• Safety progressive
• Location:Wellington and wider regions
• Must be able to travel across Wellington depending on work locations.
You must have:
• At least 2 years experience as a roofer team leader
• Valid class 1 drivers license
• LBP certificate preferred but not essential
• Sound experience in the makeup of metal flashings and installations of them
• Sound experience in the replacement and repair of PVC and metal spouting
• Have experience and knowledge in the repair and replacement of cement tile roofs, decor tile roofs and metal sheet roofs
• knowledge and experience in pointing on cement type roofs with mortar and other pointing products
• A very logical and methodical approach
• Fit and healthy
• A true team player
• Great sense of humour.
Plumbers and Gasfitters
If you are thinking self-employment is too hard, this is more of a supervisor role. We have plenty of hands to do the day to day stuff.
Apprentice Plumber Drainlayer & Gasfitter
If you are and have an interest in plumbing? then we want to hear from you!
We have the team, to be able to support you on your journey to becoming a plumber/gasfitter/drainlayer – this includes working with our team of qualified plumbers, as well as our business owner.
Be open to training. You will learn all aspects of plumbing, drainage and gas fitting as we have a wide range of customers. We work on an extensive variety of projects.
Over 35 years, we have developed a successful business – we have over 28,000 customers; and well-developed systems and processed to make your job easier.
There is very little paperwork involved – we utilise technology to ensure our team are where they need to be – which is out on the job.
This is a very rewarding role. Once qualified, you can look forward to having a work van,mobile phone and the pay rate to go with it.
Our values are Family, Genuine, Quality, Passion and Communication.
Plumber / Supervisor
Builder / Project Manager