Dripping taps can be a cause for constant irritation. Leaking taps not only cause annoying sound but they also waste water. In most of the cases, dripping taps are result of worn out or faulty tap washer inside the tap. In certain cases, the water leaks from the mixer nozzle, in this situation changing tap and washer is the best solution.
Dripping taps cause more damage than it looks like
- Leaking taps can waste up to 24,000 litres of water in a year. Dripping taps are wasting more water than you can think they do.
- Paleness or rust on your sink and bathtub. Constant dripping of water on the same spot results in damaging the area. You will start seeing the white color on the sink or bathtub turning yellowish and worse as the days go by.
- Internal home damage is another result of the leaking tap. Unchecked taps can cause clogs and overflows. The leaking water can start going into your ceiling, walls and floor. This will become a bigger problem in the long run.
Dripping taps myths
- Leaving dripping taps is false economy as the brass seat is worn away over a few weeks or months resulting in replacing the tap.
- Leaving the dripping taps also has other disadvantages. If you have a water meter it costs money to leave the tap dripping. Over several months the dripping tap has cost more than the repair.
- If the dripping tap is a hot tap now you add the energy to that cost too and it becomes a very expensive dripping tap and it leaves a stain on the white ware also which is hard to get off.
- Some taps don’t have washers, they need a cartridge replaced in order to stop them dripping.
- In some cases the tap is beyond repair and the tap needs replacement.
Get your taps repaired quickly and cheap before it costs even more. Repairing a dripping tap or leaking tap will help in fixing a lot of issues. Fixing a leaking tap is recommended in the earliest days possible. Southern Plumbing is Wellington’s dripping tap specialists. We undertake all plumbing services including to replace tap washer.