We are experts in environmentally friendly plumbing Wellington Wide.
Heat pump water heating
- An EcoPlumber can install a heat pump out side your building and connect it to the existing plumbing.
- Solar water heating – see our solar page.
Waste water recycling
- store shower and washing machine water for irrigation
Rain Water Harvesting
- Collect rainwater to water plants or flush toilets. Install rainwater storage tanks collect rain water from the roof and discharge the rainwater onto your garden in the dry months. We can also pipe the water to your washing machine and toilet cistern. There can be cost benefits in undertaking this instead of running expensive storm water drains to the street. Rainwater harvesting is great protection if we ever get hit by that big earthquake or other natural disaster that cut off your water. Just throw in a water purification tablet and its fit to drink or boil it.
- These are the same tanks that the Wellington City Council promotes to pick up from them and install yourself. We offer to pick up the tank for you which you may not be able to get into your car and we install it next to a down pipe on level ground. Out EcoPlumber can install it further away on different base for an additional cost.
- Special Deal $199 to supply and install next to a downpipe on level ground. Wellington only. Call Now on 0800 484 353
Rain Water Harvesting Can be Cheaper
Due to Wellington’s difficult topography, running long stormwater drains and or installing soak pits or soakage systems can be costly. Installing storage tanks to use the storm water and later use it of garden irrigation can be cheaper depending on the situation. Or even sending the water to the toilet system to flush toilets or wash cars can be cheaper than running drains.
Below are our standard 200 litre tanks installed in Wellington.
- Find out what you can do to save on energy costs.
- Hot water conservation – fitting a low flow shower rose can cut energy bills considerably. Did you know that showers use around a third of the energy in your home. Inefficient shower roses can be expensive. You don’t have to discharge a lot of hot water to have a good shower.
- Leak detection – hot water leaks can cost a lot of money.
- Heat transfer systems – transferring heat to other rooms. Transferring heat to another part of the building is a lot cheaper than creating it.
- Radiant heating us usually a lot more effective than convection heating. Convection heating examples are oil heaters and electric fan heaters. These devices need to heat large volumes of room air to be effective before you feel the heat. With radiant heaters you feel the heat almost immediately.
- ECO Plumber – Consulting – We inspect buildings and undertake reporting on energy conservation and water saving NZ wide.
- Our EcoPlumber can minimise your energy foot print.