No Hot Water Wellington
We need hot water for daily needs such as taking a shower, washing dishes, and more. It is one of the basic needs of every household as well as commercial property.
Reasons for No Hot Water
You should check the fuse and switch it back on if it is off. Other reasons for no hot water can include hot water cylinder element failure, thermostat failure or pilot light went out. In some cases, the problem can be due to a blocked water pipe where water will not come out of the tap.
Electric Water Heaters Fault List
- If the system has a tempering valve, it could be faulty. Check the outlet at the top of the tank, if it is hot then that the tempering valve needs replacement.
- Does the water heater have power? Check the fuse in the fuse box. If the fuse has failed, reset or replace. There may be a reason for its failure. The element may have failed, or the fuse is old, or there is an electrical fault.
- The ripple control has failed at the meter board. Our electrician can check all kinds of faults in problems for you.
- The reset button on some thermostats has tripped – Reset it.
- The Element and thermostat need replacement. We recommend replacing both as this is the most common fault.
- Someone used all the hot water – get a bigger tank, change to gas, or cut down the use by using low flow shower roses.
Gas Hot Water Cylinder Fault List for No Hot Water
- If the system has a tempering valve it could be faulty. If the hot water tank is hot this is likely. Check the outlet at the top of the tank, if hot its likely to be that valve needs replacement.
- Someone used all the hot water – get a bigger tank, change to Continuous Flow, or cut down the use by using low flow shower roses.
- Thermostat is faulty.
- Burner is faulty.
- Thermocouple is faulty
- Pilot is out or faulty.
- Ventilation or flueing problems.
- TPR Valve is discharging.
- Insufficient Gas.