Emergency Water Tanks Wellington
On average a household of 4 people (2 adults and 2 children) consume 900L of water per day.
Recent studies have shown that if Wellington has a large earthquake, it could take up to 100 days to reconnect the water supply. In Christchurch it took some suburbs 3 years to reconnect their water supply.
Wellington’s 3 water supply plants have pipes crossing three fault lines, this means that in a large event the pipes could damaged.
The areas most affected by this are Karori and Miramar as they are farthest away from the 3 water supplies.
We consume water daily without realizing the quantity we consume. We use water for washing our hands, taking shower, drinking, washing dishes, cooking, cleaning and many more things. Do you have enough 1L and 2L bottles of water to last you for 100 days?
Source: Wellington Water
The Tank Guy provides us NZ made water tanks. The water tanks are made from UV 8 plastic, produced keeping in mind the New Zealand weather conditions. The barrel circular design was created as water is heavy and bulges out of the sides and when this happens the tank is able to expand.
The tanks must be installed on an even base that has plain surface and is free from rocks and stones. This is done to safeguard the water storage tank from being damaged. It also needs to be installed next to a down pipe which will fill the tank with rain water.
If you have a flat space within 500mm of a down pipe, our prices for water storage tank delivery and installation are as follows:
200L Rain Butt tank – $199.00 (Green and Birch Grey colours avail)
- Dimensions: 650mm wide, 1200mm high
- Colours: Dark Green and Birch Grey
- 2 x 15mm BSP threaded fittings for the tap
800L Tank – $799.00 (Birch Grey or any of the colour steel colours on request will be avail)
- Stainless steel leaf strainer with lid built in
- 1 x 15mm BSP fitting for a tap
- 2 x 32mm BSP fittings at the base of the tank for tank to tank connection kits
- Dimensions: 1970mm height, 770mm wide
- Colour: Birch Grey, other colours available upon request at additional cost.
1000L Tank – $850.00 (Dark green only)
- Colour: Karaka Green (Dark Green)
- Inbuilt stainless steel mesh leaf strainer and lid
- 1 x 35mm BSP fitting at the base of the tank for tap connection
- Dimensions: 970mm wide, 1200mm high to lid, 1480mm total height.
If you need larger water storage tanks, you can contact us for the available options. We can provide different water storage tanks ranging from 200 litres to 30,000 litres across Wellington. Colour options may vary depending on the availability as well as the size of the water tank you choose.
For more information on water storage tanks, visit The Tank Guy.
Note: All prices are GST inclusive.