We are the disaster experts we can set up the basics below if required. Be prepared before disaster strikes so that you can come out the best possible.
- First Aid Kit.
- Phone recharger battery type as there is not likely to be power.
- Chimney removal and flash roof.
- Water shut off valve where you can find it.
- Gas Shut off valve where you can turn it off before the leaking gas catches fire.
- Auto shut off valve for gas if the pipe breaks. Not commonly done but its an option.
- Hot water cylinder secured to wall.
- Have you got a sheet of polythene for collecting water. And you don’t need to boil the water either. Works at night too when its not raining catching dew.
- A primus so you can boil the water, and water proof matches or a lighter.
- Water containers?
- Do you know how to get the water from your hot water cylinder?
- Big container for water. And yes we can install large tanks to catch rainwater. In Christchurch weeks out from the quake a large proportion is still with out water.
- Have you got your next door neighbours cell phone number.
- A hammer and crow bar will be really handy. And so will a spanner, polygrips, hacksaw, with spare blades of different coarseness and multi screw driver. These tools will get you out of most situations. You will be amazed at what a hacksaw can get through.
- Tie all heavy items against the shaking caused by earthquake.
- Supply of earthquake water. Best to install an emergency tank next to a downpipe. We have cheap tanks
- Stash a few dozen cans of food and canisters of water somewhere where if the building fell down you could get them.